Build Parts in Final Production Materials
Whether for rapid prototypes or production parts, we have the right CNC machining options for both your metal and plastic part needs
How to Select the Right Manufacturing Solution
From rapid and functional prototyping, appearance models to low-volume production using both additive manufacturing and traditional subtractive processes; the choices to develop your project are almost endless.
About this process
CNC refers to cutting material with a computer numerical control machine. The CNC machining process interprets your 3D CAD model and translates data to CNC machines. The main benefit of the process is that CNC will produce parts that can replace the additive manufactured prototypes with true production grade materials. This method allows you to build your parts in the featured material that you intend for use in production. CNC machining is the best choice for rapid prototyping of high-quality metal and plastic parts requiring the greatest degree of dimensional accuracy, critical surface finishes, material-specific properties.
Whether for rapid prototypes or production parts, we have the right CNC machining options for your metal and plastic part needs.
- Wide range of materials
- Ability to hold tight tolerances
- Parts machined directly from 3D CAD models
- Standard delivery time of 1-2 weeks based on order
- Shorter lead time (2-5 business days) available per open capacity
Tolerances for feature size:
- Standard +/-.005
- Minimum +/-.002 for metal and +/-.003 for plastic
Tolerances for hole diameter:
- Standard +/-.005
- Minimum +/-.001 for metal and +/-.002 for plastic
Tolerances for Flatness, Run Out, Cylindricity, Perpendicularity and other Geometry:
- Minimum +/-.001 is possible per geometry dependent
The above tolerances will not apply when machining a weldment, or a plate below 1/4″ thick at a length above 20″ or 1/8″ thickness at a length exceeding 10″ long. In that case the tolerances need to be reviewed by the MFG team.
- Email your 3D CAD data, define your project specs and a custom quote will be presented in 24 hours or less
- Turning, Dual Turret Lathe with Live Tooling, 3-, 4-, and 5-Axis Machining, Heat Treating/Stress Relieving, Welding, Anodizing, and Powder Coating
- CNC Machined Parts in as little as 6-8 business days, depending on geometry
- Dedicated Project Managers to help you throughout the process
- Electronics Parts Manufacturing
- Engraving Machine Applications
- Machining Composites
- 5 Axis Machining
- Micro Hole Drilling
- Machining Aluminum
- Machining Plastics
- Stainless Steel
- POM (Acetol)
- PMMA ( Acrylic)
- Mild Steel
CNC machining is a subtractive manufacturing process by which material is cut away from the source to create a finished component. Our standard surface finish is 63-125 Rms, however we can grind or polish the part to 4-8 Rms.
- Bead Blasting
- Electro Polishing
- Heat Treatment
- Sand Blasting
- Vapor Polishing
From Prototype To Production with QuickParts’ On-Demand Manufacturing
Let us be your resource to determine which manufacturing process is right for your project.
Shows the look and feel of a product or part before committing to the more costly aspects of production.
Reduce tooling costs, produce customized products and bring a product to market quickly with low-volume production and bridge manufacturing.
Goes beyond the look and feel, enabling teams to assess factors such as usability, ergonomics, manufacturability and materials testing.
Need Help? We’re Here
Our On-Demand Support Network Has You Covered
USA: +1 931 766 7290
France: +33 (0) 2 43 52 04 37
Germany: +49 6105 3248 100
Italy: +39 0121 390310
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 1494 479 690
Contact one of our offices directly to talk through your next project or open the email form to send us a message.