Speed, Quality and Accuracy
Figure 4® technology delivers parts with exceptional surface quality and performance, rivaling traditional mold manufacturing. This method provides ultra-fast print speeds enabling immediate part turnaround without the time and minimum order quantities (MOQ) of tooling.
How to Select the Right Manufacturing Solution
From rapid and functional prototyping, appearance models to low-volume production using both additive manufacturing and traditional subtractive processes; the choices to develop your project are almost endless.
About this process
Figure 4 is an ideal technology for fast product iteration, mass-customization, bridge manufacturing, and production.
- Non-contact membrane Figure 4 technology for fast print speed and exceptional surface quality
- Printable build volume (W x D x H): up to 124.8 x 70.2 x 346 mm (4.9 x 2.8 x 13.6 in)
- Range of production-grade materials
- Expert consultancy from design to production with our team of application engineers
- Fast and easy engagement with 24/7 online ordering and production in as fast as one day
- Unmatched production capacity for Figure 4 technology in our 65,000 sq. ft. facility in Lawrenceburg, TN with ISO 9001:2015 certification for quality management
- Replacement of traditional molding and cast urethane processes
- Rapid functional prototyping and fast concept models
- End-use durable plastic parts
- Low volume bridge manufacturing
- Short-run production of plastic articles
- Jigs and fixtures
- Rapid tooling -molds and master patterns
- High-temperature applications with transparency
Choose from a range of production-grade Figure 4 materials:
- Figure 4 PRO-BLK 10 is a game-changing additive material with thermoplastic-like mechanical properties that provides the quality and performance of injection-molded parts without the time or cost of tooling. Fast production is combined with smooth surface finish and exceptional sidewall quality. Let us help you get prototypes and production parts fast, with the design freedom of additive.
- Figure 4 HI TEMP 300-AMB is a high-temperature resistant plastic for parts for testing and use in high heat environments. It can also be used for low-pressure molding/tooling and expanding foams and rubbers.
- Figure 4 TOUGH-BLK 20 is a production-grade material with long term environmental stability that is perfect for functional prototypes and assemblies.
- Figure 4 MED-AMB 10 is a rigid amber material for applications requiring biocompatible capability, translucency and/or thermal resistance. It provides parts with crisp details, that can be sterilized and tested at high temperature, over 100 °C.*
- Figure 4 RUBBER-BLK 10 is a high tear strength material for the production of hard rubber-like parts with slow-rebound for touch applications such as grips, handles and bumpers, as well as strain-relief applications, couplings, over molds, etc. This extremely tough material has an exceptional surface finish and long-term environmental stability.
- Figure 4 RUBBER-65A BLK is a mid-tear strength, production-grade rubber combined with Shore 65A hardness and a high elongation at break, well suited for the production of medium hard rubber parts with slow rebound, for applications such as grips, handles, gaskets, bumpers, seals, vibration dampening components and more.
- Figure 4 FLEX-BLK 20 is a flexible, high impact-resistant material for extremely durable black parts with the look and feel of production polypropylene. Great for functional prototypes, enclosures and assemblies, as well as short-run production parts, this fatigue resistant material provides outstanding flexibility and accuracy, enabling many applications.
- Figure 4 MED-WHT 10 is a rigid, white material for a range of medical and industrial applications, including when biocompatibility, sterilization and/or thermal resistance is required. Capable of meeting ISO 10993-5 and -10 standards for biocompatibility (cytotoxicity, sensitization and irritation), this material can also be sterilized by autoclave. It delivers highly accurate parts with excellent feature resolution and high definition. (Currently available in EMEA Region only)
- Figure 4 Rigid White is a rigid material with a good balance of thermal and mechanical properties, combined with excellent print quality and long-term indoor and outdoor environmental stability – key for production applications including housings and brackets, snap-fit, automotive interior and electronic components, connectors, jigs and fixtures and other general-use parts. (Currently available in U.S. only)
*Users should confirm fitness for use and biocompatibility for their applications.
|Type of Finish||Description|
|Natural Finish||Remove supports, wash, and post-cure. (No sanding performed)|
|Standard Finish||Remove supports, wash, post-cure, sand areas where supports were attached with 320 grit sandpaper, sandblast with 320 grit aluminum oxide sand|
Note: ABS Black parts may receive an additional coating
|Paint Ready Finish||Standard Finish plus remove all build/layer lines on the visual (cosmetic) surfaces with 320 grit sandpaper, sandblast with 320 grit aluminum oxide sand, apply primer to all surfaces and sand with 600 grit sandpaper (build/layer lines will be visible on non-cosmetic surfaces|
|Painted Finish||Paint ready finish with customer-specified paint color applied|
From Prototype To Production with QuickParts’ On-Demand Manufacturing
Let us be your resource to determine which manufacturing process is right for your project.
Shows the look and feel of a product or part before committing to the more costly aspects of production.
Reduce tooling costs, produce customized products and bring a product to market quickly with low-volume production and bridge manufacturing.
Goes beyond the look and feel, enabling teams to assess factors such as usability, ergonomics, manufacturability and materials testing.
Need Help? We’re Here
Our On-Demand Support Network Has You Covered
USA: +1 931 766 7290
France: +33 (0) 2 43 52 04 37
Germany: +49 6105 3248 100
Italy: +39 0121 390310
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 1494 479 690
Contact one of our offices directly to talk through your next project or open the email form to send us a message.